Practice Velocity Helps Urgent Cares Qualify for Government Stimulus Dollars
It’s Not Too Late to
Get Stimulus Dollars!
If you implement Practice Velocity in 2013, you can still get $39,000 (per physician) in meaningful-use dollars.
Call 888-357-4209 today to schedule a free personalized web demo of Practice Velocity’s VelociDoc EMR.
What is Urgent Care Meaningful Use?
In 2009 the federal government passed the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act as a part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
This legislation includes two stimulus programs that offer incentives to qualifying physicians who prove they are using certified electronic health record (EHR) technology in a “meaningful” way.
Meaningful use is a quality measure that requires physicians to demonstrate they are using certified EHR/EMR technology in a way that promotes safer, more efficient, and higher quality medical care.
What are the EHR Incentive Programs?
Government stimulus dollars for urgent care meaningful use are being offered through two programs:
- Medicare EHR Incentive Program:
- Up to $44,000 per physician
- Only physicians qualify
- Medicaid EHR Incentive Program:
- Up to $63,750 per physician
- Physicians, dentists, nurse practitioners, certified nurse midwives, and physicians assistants qualify
Total incentive payments decrease each year until the programs end in 2015, so the longer you wait to implement, the less stimulus money you will receive.
Meet Urgent Care Meaningful Use
Requirements with Practice Velocity
Practice Velocity’s VelociDoc® urgent care EMR version 11.01 is ONC-ATCB certified by the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT®). This guarantees VelociDoc meets the requirements for urgent care meaningful use.
Practice Velocity specializes in urgent care, so physicians do not have to implement an EMR that is not catered to their practice just to qualify for incentive payments. VelociDoc is designed to fit the specific needs of urgent care practices, so every aspect of the EMR is designed for urgent care meaningful use.
Review VelociDoc’s full certification details on the CCHIT website.
What are the Steps to Payment?
1. Schedule a demo of VelociDoc
2. Determine your physicians’ eligibility
3. Register your eligible physicians for the appropriate program
3. “Adopt” VelociDoc in your clinic(s) by installing it in your clinic(s)
4. “Implement” VelociDoc by documenting your first patients with the EMR
5. Attest that you have met the requirements of urgent care meaningful use
6. Get paid!
Whitepaper: Meaningful Use 101
Official Website for the EHR Incentive Programs