No Sign Available? Try a Billboard.
We talked to him this week, and he told us that he had done exactly what we had suggested, and the results speak for themselves. The billboard is by far the number one marketing source for new patients at the urgent care center.
Advantages of billboard signage include:
- Little up-front cost. Permanent signs can add $50,000-$100,000 to your startup cost.
- Pay as you go. You are simply leasing the signage. Someone else is paying the capital cost of the sign infrastructure.
- Can swap out graphics for a low price
- Price may go up. It might be a good idea to sign a contract for the length of your lease.
- Increases financial risk of failure. You can avoid this risk by not signing a personal guarantee, i.e., sign the lease for your LLC, not as an individual
- Unsightly. Everyone knows that billboards can be an eyesore, but the billboard is going to be there anyways. This allows you to control how the sign looks.
Our advice isn't guaranteed to always work out this well, but if you are starting a new urgent care we encourage you to consider coming to our headquarters near Chicago, IL and visit us for a free, full-day consultation tour of the 13 urgent care centers we own. Over 500 urgent care professionals have visited in the last two years. We would be honored to host your team.